Come be a founding member of the newly formed San Diego Saints Choir of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is an exciting opportunity to be a musical ambassador for the Church in San Diego as we work together to continue building bridges of love, faith and friendship. Our season follows the school year calendar and our first performance will celebrate the Restoration. Rehearsals will take place on Thursday evenings at the Penasquitos Stake Center of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 7-9:30 PM and begin on April 2, 2020. Auditions are required and must be scheduled with Erin Gray via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify the audition date you prefer from the following: Tues. March 24 (7-9:30 PM), Thurs. March 26 (7-9:30 PM) or Sat. March 28 (9-1pm).
The San Diego Saints Choir is a newly formed auditioned choral ensemble comprised of dedicated musicians from San Diego and surrounding areas who share a love for singing and for Jesus Christ. The choir strives for choral excellence in singing a varied repertoire of sacred and secular works in concert and worship settings throughout the San Diego area. The choir’s debut performance will take place in June 2020.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS: All those who are at least 18 years of age and older who love to sing are encouraged to audition. In some cases, we may accept responsible musicians as young as 15. You need not be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to be in the choir. WHAT TO DO: Contact us at email@example.com. Please include your name, age, ward/stake (if applicable), voice/instrument part and which date(s) and approximate time preferred. WHERE TO GO:
Penasquitos Stake Center The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 12835 Black Mountain Road San Diego, CA 92129 HOW TO PREPARE:
1. The audition is VERY FRIENDLY, and tailored for the individual singer. Remember, we are auditioning you because we WANT people to join the choir!
2. Auditions are 10 minutes in length. Once you request an audition appointment, you will receive an audition form. Please arrive early and bring it with you to help us get to know you.
3. Prepare a hymn of your choice that shows your vocal range; sing melody first, then your voice part (sopranos prepare the alto line).
4. Vocal range evaluation – a few fun, systematic exercises that get your physical voice comfortable throughout your full range to help you find your place in the choir.
5. Listening skills – sing back a short phrase of notes played on the piano.
6. Basic sight singing – four measures, step-wise motion.
7. Basic music theory – identify key of sight singing excerpt.